Outlook 2013 is a great tool for managing your email, calendar, and contacts. One of the features that you may find useful is the ability to add back and forward buttons to the ribbon of Outlook. This article will show you how to do this.
- Open Outlook 2013 and click on the File tab.
- Click on the Options button and then select the General tab.
- Under the Navigation section, select the Back and Forward Buttons check box and then click on OK.
- You will now see a back and forward button at the top of the ribbon of Outlook. Click on the back arrow to go back in your email history and click on the forward arrow to go forward in your email history.
How to Add Back and Forward Buttons in the Ribbon of Outlook
Adding back and forward buttons to the ribbon of Outlook is a simple task that can be performed in just a few clicks.
- Open Outlook and click on the File tab.
- Click on the Options tab and click on the Customize Ribbon button.
- On the ribbon, under the Tabs group, click on the Buttons group.
- Click on the Add button located in the upper-right corner of the ribbon and choose Back from the list of options that appears.
- Click on Back again to move it to the left side of the ribbon and choose Forward from the list of options that appears.
- Click on OK to save your changes.
When to Use Back and Forward Buttons in the Ribbon of Outlook
If you find yourself frequently moving between email messages and other Outlook content, you may want to add back and forward buttons to the ribbon. Here’s how:
- Open Outlook and click the File tab.
- In the Options group on the left, under Advanced Settings, click the View tab.
- Under Navigation Options, make sure the Back and Forward buttons are enabled.
- To move to a previous message, click the Back button (the arrow pointing down). To move to a future message, click the Forward button (the arrow pointing forward).
- To exit the ribbon and return to your inbox, click the Close button in the upper-right corner of the Outlook window.
How to Remove a Button from the Ribbon of Outlook
If you want to remove a button from the Ribbon of Outlook, follow these steps:
- In Outlook, open the Ribbon.
- On the left side of the Ribbon, under “View,” click “Toolbars and Ribbons.”
- On the right side of the Ribbon, under “Buttons,” click “Remove Button.”
- Select the button you want to remove and click “Remove.”